Redwood City, CA /
Finance – Accounting /
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization.
As a Senior Accountant you will have the opportunity & expectation to make a large impact in an early-stage startup. The perfect senior accountant is someone with a strongly positive and energetic attitude, where they will add value for Zum, and help Zum grow as a company in return. Ideally this candidate is someone with five or more years of work experience, including at a publicly-traded company, where they have worked in a rigorous control environment, know the ins & outs of the monthly close process and are ready to make a large impact. The Ideal candidate has excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills. They will be expected to analyze problems and work independently, seeking support when needed. The Ideal candidate will have demonstrated in depth experience of GAAP accounting, general ledger and financial reporting controls, along with difficult journal entries, extended Month end close responsibilities, & account reconciliations. This role will work closely with the Accounting Manager. This role will be responsible for many types of expense reporting, ad hoc reporting, and financial statement analysis. This role is expected to be experienced using accounting related software & will be expected to know how every function works across multiple software platforms.
- Reconciliations, data analysis & reporting
- Oversee the AP function with the opportunity to advise offshore staff
- Expense & vendor-driver pay processing & ownership
- Review accounting policies & procedures & implement improvements
- Successful in working cross departmentally
- Leading the work behind month close journal entries & adjusting entries
- Maintaining multi-dimensional financial reports
- Prepare inter-company & related party transactions and eliminations
- Support audit & review preparation
- 5 Years of progressive accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in an accounting related field
- Public company financial close and reporting experience
- Extensive experience in accounting practices & procedures
- Advanced Excel experience - able to run analytics with ease
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- CPA achieved (highly preferred) or working towards CPA
- Public accounting (preferred)
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.