Driver Engagement & Retention Manager / Senior Manager
Redwood City, CA
Operations – Driver Growth & Engagement
Zūm is the leader and go-to provider for safe and reliable school transportation. Our powerful ridesharing technology connects schools, districts and families by providing the largest and most-trusted platform for student transportation. We’ve already driven more than 3.5 million miles, safely transporting over 500,000 students for 2,000+ public and private schools. Zūm is now helping schools and districts across the country rethink their student transportation, helping to better serve the needs of educators, drivers, parents and students. Backed by top VC firms including Sequoia Capital and Spark Capital, we’re continuing to expand our B2B operations and looking for motivated and qualified teammates to help grow our business and transform the market.
We are searching for a creative and data-driven Manager or Senior Manager to lead our efforts in Driver Engagement and Retention. You are a marketing expert with a strong bias toward action and an operational orientation. You will be responsible for reducing driver churn and increasing driver satisfaction. To do this you’ll not only design marketing and communication programs, but work cross-functionally to tailor our product offering to drivers and help develop business strategies that will serve our drivers. You will manage a team to help you accomplish our goals, with the opportunity to build your team. You will report to the Head of Supply.
- Develop, implement, experiment with, manage and analyze strategic programs to reduce driver churn and increase engagement, including:
- Ensure drivers, especially new drivers, have a positive experience on the platform that is consistent with our brand and values.
- Develop a driver communications strategy that is consistent, thoughtful, and promotes behavior we are trying to incentivize.
- Develop a program for understanding and tracking driver satisfaction and needs, and ensuring those needs are being met through our product and operations.
- Ensure driver's earnings are in-line with expectations.
- Build a driver community that taps into the passion and excitement of our drivers.
- Launch promotions and campaigns to re-active lapsed drivers.
- Analyze data as to why drivers churn, and develop programs to prevent churn.
- Partner closely with product and engineering to improve our processes, and build systems and tools to better track and manage our drivers.
- Define, regularly report on, and optimize key KPIs.
- Build out reporting dashboards where you can track progress and share your findings with key stakeholders.
- Hire and manage a team, including potentially working with outsourced contractors.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in retention/engagement marketing and/or growth.
- Experience defining and running AB-tests.
- Data-centered – a deep curiosity of metrics, the ability to identify the right metrics and track and report back on impact.
- Structured thinking and ability to solve complex problems.
- Experience working cross-functionally, including with Product, Data Science and Engineering.
- Ability to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience leading and motivating a team.
Perks/Benefits of joining our team:
- Ability to have a huge impact at an early-stage, mission-driven startup
- Competitive compensation, including cash and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits, including paid membership to One Medical
- Delicious and healthy daily catered lunch
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Fun office environment, overlooking the beautiful waters in Redwood Shores