Technology Organization – Fabrication
The Fab1 technical operations team (TechOps) at Rigetti Quantum Computing is filling the role of Electro-mechanical Technician. As a member of this team you will be working with dilution refrigerators, microwave electronic circuits, and the hardware to support it all at the heart of our quantum computing technology.
You will work with distinguished scientists and design engineers to bridge the fabrication and testing of quantum computing devices. As a member of the the team that speeds up the fab to test cycle, some of your daily responsibilities and activities will include assembling, disassembling, and cycling cryo units; adding and driving standard operating procedures; creating and maintaining living process documents; and technical troubleshooting.
In this role, you will draw on your years of practical experience in electro-mechanical systems, (ideally cryogenic systems), implementing and troubleshooting designs, working closely between the TechOps and Assembly Teams on the implement of the next generation of fridge hardware and chip support infrastructure. The model candidate will have performed a hands-on function with interdisciplinary advanced technology teams at industry-leading companies or academic labs.
- Working with complex electro-mechanical assemblies
- Assembling, servicing, and maintaining scientific instruments
- Preparing chip assemblies for testing
- Troubleshooting, following wiring diagrams, and soldering
- Assembly of cryogenic heat exchange systems
- RF and coaxial cable assembly and cryogenic conditioning
- Follow established documents/procedures and create them as needed
- On-call support for the currently deployed chips
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering associate's degree plus [3-5] years experience
- Meticulous attention to detail in designing assemblies, bolt torquing, parts cleaning and fit-checking
- Understanding of materials and techniques at mK temperatures
- Experience assembling, servicing and maintaining scientific instruments and/or complex electro-mechanical assemblies
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
Nice to Have
- Prior technical role in an industry or start-up environment
- Exposure to RF measurement techniques, or software-defined radio
- Prior exposure to basic concepts of qubits and quantum computing
- Characterizing chips for the full-stack quantum engineering team
- Qualifying chips for deployment to users
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.