Engineer: Quantum Integrated Circuits
Technology Organization – Fabrication
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity’s most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and make great products that change the world for the better.
As a Junior Engineer you will build novel quantum integrated circuits using processes developed in our Fab-1 facility. You will work with both the production and research & development teams fabricating quantum circuit devices, and testing new processes to improve the performance of these circuits.
- Perform metrology, data collection, and failure analysis in support of various engineering modules in both production and development wafer processes, including various measurement tools, optical and scanning electron microscopy
- Learn the fabrication of Rigetti’s quantum circuits, and contribute to research and development of new processes
- Assist in coordination/validation with the design team and integration engineers to ensure the manufacturability of the fab processes
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or a related field, with hands-on fabrication experience
- 2+ years of relevant, hands-on semiconductor/MEMS fabrication experience
- Comfort working in a clean room environment, including following hazmat handling protocols
- Experience using and operating metrology tools, such as scanning electron microscopy, XPS, Auger, etc. would be a plus
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, as well as schedule flexibility
- Membership and experience in Marvell Nanolab at UC Berkeley a plus!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.