Program Manager, Quantum Processing Units
Engineering Strategy – Program Management
The Program Manager, Quantum Processing Units (PM, QPUs) is responsible for synchronizing dozens of technical projects to deliver the world’s most powerful computers. This engineer works cross-functionally across the computing stack, with a strong focus on hardware, to translate strategic direction into inspiring work priorities, milestones, and goals. The PM, QPUs is part of the Engineering Strategy team and will work closely with the QPU group’s Vice Presidents and project managers.
- Collaborate to build, implement, and orchestrate dozens of projects that comprise the QPU program
- Manage the cost, schedule, and scope of our technology roadmap to deliver complex technical products
- Synchronize, advise, coach, and develop project managers assigned to various departments and teams as we stand up program management processes
- Integrate technical work across teams, levels, and functions to achieve unity of effort
- Coordinate with product managers to align program goals and milestones with customer and business strategy objectives
- Gather diverse perspectives to inform program plans and decisions
- Resolve differences, adapt to unexpected events, and facilitate change to achieve outcomes; provide timely guidance to cross-functional stakeholders
- Establish and manage expectations and relationships across the company to achieve program goals
- Capture and implement learning to improve programs
- Guide technical learning and collaboration between teams
- Deliver tools that provide insight on program status to executives, the technical staff, and the company as a whole
- Demonstrated success as a technical program manager
- Experience as a supervisor or empowered cross-functional leader
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent knowledge of change management principles and organizational dynamics
- Robust communication skills with both senior executives and technical experts
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and solve critical challenges in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- You initiate and organize new projects with little guidance or supervision
- Flexible mindset to tailor management processes to various team cultures and needs
- High emotional intelligence, including the ability to inspire and influence peers
- Bachelor's degree in math, science, engineering, or related technical field
- PMP certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.