IT Support Engineer (contract)
Business Organization – Information Technology / IT
Contract - Short Term
Rigetti is looking for an IT Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will diagnose, resolve, and assist our customers with any corporate IT service technology needs they may have. This position will be directly supporting our end-users, so flexibility, positive attitude, and excitement to learn new things are key factors we're looking for in qualified candidates.
We’re a small, agile team, supporting a diverse landscape of technologies and end-users. Ultimately, you will be a person our customers' trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems. If you’re a natural helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
- Resolve tier 1 & tier 2 end-user hardware, software, networking, administrative, and video conferencing issues and requests
- Provide user assistance with on-site or remote support via email, chat, or phone
- Document technical knowledge to support end-user education
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Ensure all issues are properly logged and properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Outstanding attitude, highly adaptable to changing situations
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to operate independently
- 2+ years of experience with desktop IT
- Experience with Google Suite administration
- Experience with IAM services such as Okta or OneLogin
- Experience with OS X, and Windows, with a familiarity with Linux
- Fundamental understanding of basic networking technologies
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. Zendesk)
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.