Junior Process Engineer (Lithography)
Technology Organization – Fabrication
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity’s most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
As Process Engineer (Lithography), you will be in charge of developing and sustaining activities in optical lithography. You are skilled with related tools and understand the processes for building quantum integrated circuits, and will spend your time immersed in the hands-on fabrication of these devices. You will work in a fast-paced environment with a wide range of engineers and scientists in process, integration, design, and quantum engineering.
- Develop and drive implementation of solutions to solve key lithography and module problems for quantum integrated circuits
- Establish and sustain optical litho processes for quantum integrated circuits
- Create and implement optical lithography roadmap for quantum integrated circuits
You will be a key member of the team to help establish Rigetti Fab as a leading quantum integrated circuit foundry
- You will organize data, draw correlations from process interactions and present results in a clear, concise fashion
- Understand present and future lithography challenges and requirements and communicate these regularly to management
- Work with other fab team members, be responsible for tools, material, metrology, and process aspects of the litho modules
- Establish metrics, monitors and process controls to run an efficient and predictable lithography process
- Show ability to work independently and manage stakeholders; Show ability to deal with ambiguity in defining activities and direction
- Bachelor's or Master's degree with 1-4 years relevant, hands-on experience in physics, chemistry, materials science or equivalent background
- Hands-on experience using lithography tools and related processes (such as resist coating and development)
- Comfortable working in Clean Room environment, including hygiene protocols and hazmat handling protocols
- Excellent oral communication skills, ability to work in fast-paced team environment
- High degree of comfort with flexible, agile small company environment
- Detail oriented, comfortable with computer-based recipe and wafer tracking systems
- Comfortable with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, JMP, google-docs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Forest, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. Forest includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.