Technology Organization – Full-Stack Quantum Engineering
As a Quantum Engineer you will drive systematic improvements through Rigetti Computing’s full stack quantum computing architecture. You will lead the design and execution that turns experiments into advanced hardware functionality: pushing new demands into the engineering organization and pulling novel capabilities into state-of-the-art systems. You will rapidly and tenaciously elevate physics breakthroughs into stable technology, working closely with a uniquely diverse team of engineers.
Your training and achievements as a physicist in quantum information means that you, more than anyone else, already know how hard this will be. And that’s why you’ve sought us out.
Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to help solve humanity’s most pressing and important problems. These systems will perform computations that today’s fastest supercomputers are incapable of— unlocking entirely new classes of problems and offering a direct path to solutions. We are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries. We are driven by the mission to bring this technology out of the laboratory and into the hands of developers. Rigetti deploys full-stack solutions for hybrid classical/quantum computing. Our Aspen quantum processors are available online through our Quantum Cloud Services platform, and the first commercially useful applications are already under exploration.
- Translate fundamental physics into engineering specifications.
- Lead experiments to make efficient progress toward systems-level improvements.
- Collaborate effectively across diverse teams of expert engineers (fab, software, mechanical, etc.).
- Deliver large-scale, reliable, coherent quantum computers.
- PhD in Physics/Applied Physics/EE with focus on experimental quantum information science.
- Expertise in the practical implementation of coherent quantum effects and control.
- Track record of meaningful accomplishments in quantum science.
- Strong coding skills.
Nice to Have
- Direct experience with circuit QED physics and devices.
- Prior technical role in an industry or start-up environment.
- Training in microfabrication process development, metrology, and improvement for superconducting microwave circuits.
- Functional understanding of quantum characterization, verification, and validation; quantum error correction; quantum-limited amplification; and quantum processor architectures.
- Command of RF measurement techniques.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical concepts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.