Technology Organization – Hardware Engineering
As a Quantum Engineer you will drive systematic improvements through Rigetti Computing’s full stack quantum computing architecture. You will lead the design and execution that turns experiments into advanced hardware functionality: pushing new demands into the engineering organization and pulling novel capabilities into state-of-the-art systems. You will rapidly and tenaciously elevate physics breakthroughs into stable technology, working closely with a uniquely diverse team of engineers.
Your training and achievements as a physicist in quantum information means that you, more than anyone else, already know how hard this will be. And that’s why you’ve sought us out.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
In 2015, after working in the quantum computing group at IBM, Chad Rigetti founded the company because he believes that the first useful quantum computers are within reach, and that quantum computing has the potential to one day have an enormous positive impact on humanity. We are a team of scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who share those beliefs and work every day to make them a reality. At present we are entirely venture-backed. Our investors include: Andreessen Horowitz, YCombinator, Vy Capital, Bloomberg BETA, and more.
- Translate fundamental physics into engineering specifications.
- Lead experiments to make efficient progress toward systems-level improvements.
- Collaborate effectively across diverse teams of expert engineers (software, mechanical, etc.).
- Deliver large-scale, reliable, coherent quantum computers.
- PhD in Physics/Applied Physics/EE with focus on quantum information science (experiment or theory).
- Expertise in the practical implementation of coherent quantum effects and control.
- Track record of meaningful accomplishments in quantum science.
- Strong coding skills.
Nice to Have
- Direct experience with circuit QED physics and devices.
- Prior technical role in an industry or start-up environment.
- Training in microfabrication process development, metrology, and improvement for superconducting microwave circuits.
- Functional understanding of quantum characterization, verification, and validation; quantum error correction; quantum limited amplification; and quantum processor architectures.
- Command of RF measurement techniques.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical concepts.
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity's most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including full healthcare coverage and flexible PTO. For more information, refer to our full careers page here.
Rigetti Computing hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and/or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.