Technical Writer/Documentation Engineer (contract)
Business Organization – Go to Market
The Documentation Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining web-based documentation for the Rigetti Quantum Cloud Services platform. With a focus on discoverability, quality, and accuracy, you will create an intuitive and delightful end-user experience while reducing the overhead of customer support cases. The successful candidate will have experience with a suite of modern web publishing and documentation tools and a passion for learning new technologies.
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation
- Organize, design, develop, edit and produce technical and supporting documents for products
- Develop user workflow guides and identify opportunities for automation or improvements to the end-user experience through product design changes
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Work closely with engineering, product, QA, and support teams to ensure quality and accuracy of content
- Revise documents as new issues arise
- Ensure on-time delivery of release notes for new features
- Create FAQS, StackExchange posts, troubleshooting guides, tutorials, other help center content
- 5+ years experience in technical writing or software documentation; cloud and/or enterprise product experience preferred
- Proven record of accurate, clear, and concise written documentation
- Experience writing about operating systems environments (Mac, Windows, Linux)
- Ability to navigate basic source code management tools (e.g. Github, Git CLI, Gitlab)
- Knowledge of API reference documentation
- Experience with a wide variety of web publishing tools and equation typesetting
- Jupyter notebook experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.