Lab and Supply Chain Manager
As Lab and Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for the smooth operation of the Rigetti research laboratory facilities and for the supply chain for lab equipment and materials used within Rigetti’s quantum computers and by our research group. You will draw upon your inter-personal skills, attention to detail and strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities to keep our experimental physics laboratory operating at its highest possible productivity level. The position will also require you to identify critical components within the supply chain, negotiate pricing, specification, identify vendors, actively track delivery schedules, and develop alternative solutions to guarantee availability.
- Maintain the experimental physics laboratory to high standards of safety, tidiness, and work ambiance
- Maintain inventory of lab consumables and research project material
- Proactively identify upcoming needs with the research team
- Procure material and equipment for research and production teams
- Maintain an up-to-date status of procurement orders and proactively manage on-time delivery with vendors
- Adjust lab layout and work areas to maximize productivity
- Continuous improvement of procurement system and lab environment
- Identify and develop alternative vendors for critical components
- Build collaborative relationships with internal users and vendors
- BS or BA degree with >3 years of experience at a technical hardware product company or in a research environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Experience tracking supply chain activity
- Extraordinary communication, multi-tasking, and organization skills
- Experience negotiating vendor supply agreements and purchase order terms
- Ability to read engineering drawings and requirements for use in vendor communications
- Experience with RF/Microwave components and test equipment specification
- Skills to perform QA inspection and communicate with vendors for corrective action
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity’s most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.