Sr. Material Buyer-Planner
Business Organization – Finance & Supply Chain
As a Material Buyer-Planner at Rigetti Computing, you will ensure the right quantity of product is in stock at the right time across our research, engineering, manufacturing, and business operations to support the development of the world’s most powerful cloud computing platform.
- Quote, purchase, and receive supplies for engineering, chip fab, and operations groups; create requisitions and issue purchase orders
- Plan the procurement of precision custom mechanical, electromechanical, electronic, and cryogenic parts and systems to satisfy project BOMs and delivery plans
- Develop and manage relationships with key vendors and suppliers
- Communicate delivery plans and issues to the project teams; confirm lead times and delivery dates for all procured material
- Manage the inventory stockroom, operations kanban, and production-kitting processes
- Manage operations and manufacturing BOM inventory status, and publish short sheets for manufacturing
- Develop material cost reductions through competitive quotes and strategic supplier partnerships
- Work closely with Accounting department to resolve any PO/invoice discrepancies with timely and accurate data
- Periodically provide on-site inventory and purchasing support to Rigetti’s Fab operation in Fremont, CA
- 5+ years experience procuring precision mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic components in a fast-paced development environment
- Degree in supply-chain management, business, industrial engineering or other related field
- Proven record in planning material requirements from BOM and production and development schedules
- Strong experience with purchasing, accounting, and ERP/MRP tools; preferably NetSuite
- Experience in developing and maintaining supplier relationships and managing delivery schedules in a technology development environment
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma for supply chain
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.