Equipment Maintenance Technician
Fabrication – Fabrication
As an Equipment Maintenance Technician at Rigetti computing, you will support the wafer fabrication of quantum chips developed in our Fab-1 facility. You will work on the Production Operations & Process Engineering teams in fabricating devices. You will also provide metrology, and data gathering support for engineers in the fab when issues occur.
Please note that in this role, you will work a compressed workweek shift. Our current shift hours are 7 am - 7 pm, and the switch days are Wednesday.
- Perform routine/non routine maintenance of the following tool set: lithography, dry/wet etch, plasma cleans, PVD, metrology, bonder (wafer/wire), metrology, test and other modules.
- Maintain equipment and process calibration according to tool SOPs
- Assist with routine/non routine facilities issues, including chemical waste disposal, and restocking of gown room items and other supplies
- Participate in environmental, health, and safety program
- 5+ years of relevant, hands-on semiconductor fabrication experience
- Ability to read/comprehend electrical, process gas and liquid piping schematics
- Ability to perform tool upgrades /modification to existing hardware
- Comfort working in a cleanroom environment, including following hazmat protocols
- Experience in wafer fab production equipment/engineering and production protocols
- Experience maintaining/ operating a wide range of semiconductor/MEMS processing tools such as lithography, PVD, dry etch, SEM and other metrology tools
- Excellent communication skills, ability to follow verbal and written instructions, and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, as well as the ability to work overtime if needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or science
- Experience in both production and research environments
- Experience working with small teams or other small company/ start-up work environments
- Manual wafer handling experience
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 140 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants authorized to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.