Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Technology Organization – Software Engineering
As the Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will be responsible for solving technical and product challenges for Quantum Cloud Services – pioneering the development of the most advanced Quantum Compute Platform in the world – while working cross-functionally with engineers and physicists across the organization.
Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to help solve humanity’s most pressing and important problems. These systems will perform computations that today’s fastest supercomputers are incapable of— unlocking entirely new classes of problems and offering a direct path to solutions. We are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries. We believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. Rigetti is the only company deploying full-stack solutions for hybrid classical/quantum computing. Our 16-qubit quantum computer is available online through our Quantum Cloud Services platform, and the first commercially useful applications are already under exploration.
- Help build and optimize the Cloud Stack, a multi-tier application (web, API, CLI, services) written in primarily in Python (BE) and TypeScript (FE)
- Design modern, stable, and performant APIs
- Help steer technical decisions about infrastructure and architecture
- Deliver high-quality code that impacts the bottom line of the business
- Ensure conformity to security, privacy (GDPR), and authentication (OAuth) best practices
- Define, model, and support engineering excellence in a collaborative development environment
- Integrate with and improve our CI/CD workflow with comprehensive test automation
- Use data-driven development to solve the issues that matter most to our customers
- Reduce complexity across the code base and increase development velocity of new features
- 7+ years of professional, production experience in software engineering
- Skilled in high-level architecture and design
- Extensive experience working with React, deploying and managing SPAs at scale, with attention to UX/UI detail
- Extensive experience building and maintaining production APIs (RESTful & GraphQL)
- Working knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL) and ORMs (SQLAlchemy)
- Strong interest in scalable, future-proof architecture
- Experience working with Dockerized development workflows and configuration
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and work cross functionally (alongside product, design, and QA)
- Deep understanding of software architecture
- A resilient, light-hearted, collaborative work style
- Experience or strong interest in machine learning, linear algebra, or quantum computing (Note: knowledge of the aforementioned is not a prerequisite!)
- Experience developing open source software
- Experience with languages like Julia, Lisp, Rust, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud stackFamiliarity with design tools and workflow (Sketch, Studio, Illustrator, Zeplin, Invision)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.