Technology Organization – Software Engineering
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for building out, maintaining, and improving the DevOps systems at Rigetti. This includes a robust multi-language unit testing, build systems, continuous integration / continuous delivery for all of our software, and supporting workflows for issue tracking and code review. As Rigetti is a full-stack company that fabricates silicon chips, builds microwave hardware, and writes software to calibrate and control a quantum computer, this is an incredibly unique and creative opportunity to participate in the creation of DevOps systems that can serve a multi-disciplinary domain on the bleeding edge of science and technology. The ideal candidate is an accomplished software engineer with demonstrable experience in building and using modern DevOps tools, supporting and educating software engineers while weaving new systems into their workflows.
Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to help solve humanity’s most pressing and important problems. These systems will perform computations that today’s fastest supercomputers are incapable of— unlocking entirely new classes of problems and offering a direct path to solutions. We are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries. We believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. Rigetti is the only company deploying full-stack solutions for hybrid quantum-classical computing. Our 16-qubit quantum computer is available online through our Quantum Cloud Services platform, and the first commercially useful applications are already under exploration.
- Automating a deployment, upgrade, and rollback workflow for a broad set of services that provides access to a finite high-performance computing resource (the quantum computer).
- Pioneering best practices for service development and deployment in both the traditional context of web service development and augmented for hybrid quantum computing, which will require cross-functional learning and collaboration.
- Building and supporting out a multi-language automated test system that spans both open- and closed-source software.
- Championing a modern SRE/DevOps culture within the company, working closely with the engineering teams to disseminate knowledge and best practices.
- Streamlining the release process for our cloud platform, Quantum Cloud Services, enabling continuous integration and deployment and reliable high speed rollback.
- Migrating our CI/CD pipelines from Atlassian Bamboo to GitLab CI to the previously described environment for integration, deployment and rollback.
- Evolving a build process that includes regression testing of our full stack platform including our quantum processors (QPUs) to increase deployment velocity, decrease mean time to restore, and decrease our failure due to change percentage.
- 3-5+ years of experience working with modern DevOps tools in a production setting.
- Experience with modern operations orchestration tools (e.g. GitLab, Travis CI, Go CD, etc).
- Experience building and deploying applications via Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Passionate about building an engineering culture of light-hearted excellence.
- Experience with engineering a build system for a polyglot software stack.
- Strong knowledge of Linux-based operating systems, virtualization, and containerization.
- Experience with build systems that span both closed- and open-source software.
- Understanding of GitLab’s source code management and issue tracking features.
- Familiarity with modern code coverage and test case management tools.
- Experience with AWS Cloud, Terraform, Ansible, OpenStack, and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.