Technology Organization – Engineering Operations
As an Electrical Engineer on the Rigetti Control Systems team, you will work on designing hardware to generate microwave pulses that control and readout the qubits in our quantum computing system. As a new engineer, you’ll be expected to first learn and then contribute across the team including on board design and layout, board testing and system level integration. You’ll work with other engineers on the team as well as across teams, including embedded software engineers, mechanical engineers and physicists to define tests and to help troubleshoot problems. Because of this interdisciplinary nature, good communication skills are paramount.
- Experience designing PCBs with digital and analog components
- Understanding of digital and analog circuits including DACs, ADCs, filters
- Understanding of DSP and related concepts
- Experience working with standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, vector network analyzers, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to interact across different disciplines
- 0-2 Years of Experience
Nice to Have
- Python scripting
- SPICE simulation
- Exposure to RF and microwave concepts
- A willingness to learn and contribute wherever needed
- BS degree in EE/Physics or equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.