Sr. Cryogenic Microwave Engineer
As a Senior Cryogenic Microwave Engineer at Rigetti Computing, you will lead the development of advanced signal conditioning and delivery technologies that ensure optimal operating conditions for our quantum processor ICs. As a principal designer, you will be responsible for both passive and active microwave assemblies, modules, and mechanical systems that achieve dense RF and DC interconnects, proper EMI shielding, filtering, and amplification in an ultra-low-noise, milli-Kelvin environments.
In this role, you will draw on your years of practical experience designing microwave subsystems for extreme environments and your mastery of contemporary and collaborative design processes, documentation, and tools. The ideal candidate will have worked with interdisciplinary advanced technology teams at industry-leading companies or labs, and he or she will have a proven track-record of delivering complex mission-critical microwave assemblies in a fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years experience designing and integrating microwave components and subsystems
- Understanding of requirements for cryogenic environments
- Command of 3D CAD tools (e.g. SolidWorks) and high frequency simulation tools (e.g. HFSS and MWO)
- Expert in microwave measurements and techniques
- Practical experience in micro-electronic assembly techniques and process development
- Track-record of full life-cycle, successful, product development and implementation
- Extraordinary technical communication and documentation skills
- Proven project and workflow management
- PhD or MS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Applied Physics, or Mechanical Engineering with a focus on microwave design
- Experience with superconducting electronics and materials
- Knowledge of quantum computing
- Strong software skills (e.g. Python, Matlab)
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity’s most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.