Technology Organization – Hardware Engineering
As an Electronic Technician at Rigetti Computing, you will be at the heart of quantum computer assembly, working alongside electronics engineers and physicists at the assembly and test stages of our quantum computers.
In this role you will support new product introduction through collaborative development of assembly and test procedures with our engineering team. This position will require you to draw upon your broad experience and technical training to assemble, debug, and test state-of-the-art modules requiring a mix of micro-electronic and SMT assembly skills. You will report to the Head of Manufacturing.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
In 2015, after working in the quantum computing group at IBM, Chad Rigetti founded the company because he believes that the first useful quantum computers are within reach, and that quantum computing has the potential to one day have an enormous positive impact on humanity. We are a team of scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who share those beliefs and work every day to make them a reality. At present we are entirely venture-backed. Our investors include: Andreessen Horowitz, YCombinator, Vy Capital, Bloomberg BETA, and more.
- Build electronic components from drawings and following operating procedures; you will be the expert on the assembly, bring-up, and quality assurance of these components that drive the quantum computers
- Collaborate with electronic engineers and physicists to troubleshoot issues in the components and those impacting the entire system
- Develop test and assembly procedures for all components in collaboration with other technicians and engineers
- Generate test fixtures to meet testing needs; you will be responsible for taking test fixtures from concepts through manufacturing, and for assisting in the testing of new products
- Ability to use a variety of general purpose test equipment (oscilloscope, multimeter, dc power supplies, etc.)
- Adept at troubleshooting and re-working electro-mechanical modules and systems
- Experience assisting engineers in developing assembly and test procedures
- Proven track-record of developing test fixtures from concept through to implementation
- Proficient in the assembly of printed circuit boards and cable assemblies
- Working knowledge of electronic circuitry
- A.S. degree in Electronics or equivalent field, and 2-3 years of related experience in product development
- Competent in the use of MS Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
Nice to Have
- Previous experience with microwave test and measurement equipment
- Familiarity with the assembly of microwave components
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity’s most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working on groundbreaking technology in a mission-driven, entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to approach problems from more points of view, and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including full healthcare coverage and flexible PTO. For more information, refer to our full careers page here.
Rigetti Computing hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and/or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.