Quantum Integrated Circuits Design Engineer
Technology Organization – Fabrication
As a Quantum IC Design Engineer you will drive systematic improvements to Rigetti Computing’s quantum processors through modeling and design. You will build CAD tools to simulate the classical and quantum dynamics of a superconducting circuit and use those tools to layout multi-qubit circuits for fabrication.
Your training and achievements as a physicist in quantum information means that you, more than anyone else, already know how hard this will be. And that’s why you’ve sought us out.
Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to help solve humanity’s most pressing and important problems. These systems will perform computations that today’s fastest supercomputers are incapable of— unlocking entirely new classes of problems and offering a direct path to solutions. We are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries. We are driven by the mission to bring this technology out of the laboratory and into the hands of developers. Rigetti deploys full-stack solutions for hybrid classical/quantum computing. Our Aspen quantum processors are available online through our Quantum Cloud Services platform, and the first commercially useful applications are already under exploration.
- Guide long-term development of simulation and CAD tools for building quantum circuits
- Design and layout current and future quantum processors
- Collaborate effectively across diverse teams of expert engineers (fab, software, measurement, mechanical, etc.) to specify circuit architectures to fabricate and measure
- Deliver large-scale, reliable, coherent quantum processors
- PhD and/or Postdoc in Physics/Applied Physics/EE with focus on experimental quantum information science
- Experience using commercial EM solvers (HFSS, COMSOL, CST)
- Deep understanding of circuit quantum electrodynamics and superconducting qubits
- Track record of meaningful accomplishments in quantum science
- Strong coding skills
Nice to Have
- Direct experience with circuit QED physics and devices
- Experience with RFIC design and CAD workflows
- Prior technical role in an industry or start-up environment
- Training in microfabrication process development, metrology, and improvement for superconducting microwave circuits
- Functional understanding of quantum characterization, verification, and validation; quantum error correction; quantum-limited amplification; and quantum processor architectures
- Command of RF measurement techniques
- Knowledge of advanced statistical concepts
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.