Sr. Module Engineer
Technology Organization – Fabrication
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity’s most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working on groundbreaking technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
The individual in this role will spend every day immersed in the hands-on fabrication of these unique devices.
Position Objective: You will be the module engineering leader for all of the backend related processes (wafer preparation, 3D assembly, cap bonding and related areas) for the fabrication of novel quantum bit devices.
- Develop and establish wafer preparation, 3D Assembly, cap formation, and assembly processes; responsible for the fabrication of devices, both development and production
- Establish metrics, monitors, and process controls to run an efficient and predictable process
- Working with tool suppliers, maintain a high uptime of tools and module; responsible for equipment installation, qualification, process calibration and monitors
- Provide leadership to the module engineering team, help and guide others in SPC methods and systems
- Support additional processes as required for wafer processing in a clean-room environment in collaboration with other process modules
- Assist with routine facility upkeep, including chemical waste disposal and replacing gas cylinders as needed; participate in Environmental Safety and Health program
- > 10 years relevant hands-on experience in a semiconductor fab
- Experience in developing and delivering complex technologies for implementing in products
- MS and/or PhD in Engineering/Science
- Hands-on experience with setting up semiconductor assembly processes, 3D/Optical assembly technologies for products; understanding of materials, process, and equipment interaction
- Experience using and operating wide range of semiconductor/MEMS processing tools in backend and wafer preparation, and metrology tools
- Experience working in a disciplined fab with focus on quality and yield
- Cross-functional experience in both research and production environments
- Management/leadership experience guiding other specialists and technicians, as well as working with cross-functional organizations
- Excellent oral communications skills and ability to work in dynamic team environment
- Experience in statistical packages for SPC and wafer tracking systems
- High degree of comfort in a flexible, agile, small company environment
Nice to Have
- Broad experience with modeling, reliability testing, and managing subcontractors
- Comfortable with MS Office and/or Google Docs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.