Business Operations Associate
Engineering Strategy – Engineering Strategy
The Business Operations Associate drives for transformative results by supporting alignment and delivery of technical, business, and customer objectives. This role makes people’s lives easier by designing and managing simple, agile frameworks that span business development, contract delivery, and customer success. The Business Operations Associate is part of the Engineering Strategy team and works closely with the company’s executive, business, and technical leaders to make Rigetti’s technical innovations accessible to the world.
- Collaborate with current and potential customers to drive mutual learning, timely decisions, and accessible support
- Represent Rigetti to a broad spectrum of external parties
- Rapidly review, interpret, coordinate, and take action on external inquiries
- Measure volume and quantity of customer support and regularly communicate status across the organization
- Identify customer insights and drive a tight feedback loop with product and technical teams to deliver transformative results
- Demonstrate customer focus both externally and in support of internal teams
- Administratively support teams to successfully deliver on government and commercial proposals and contracts
- Primary owner of capacity forecasts, labor tracking, invoicing, and contract administration
- Drive efficient and high quality proposal development across the company for both government and commercial opportunities
- Champion business and program management capabilities that improve outcomes and make work life easier!
- Passion for embracing challenges and delivering extraordinary support; goes the extra mile to creatively solve problems
- You transform possibilities and ideas into tangible actions
- Experience working directly with technical and non-technical customers and teammates
- Self-starter who can juggle multiple high-priority projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- Experience or potential as an empowered cross-functional leader
- Robust written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and solve problems in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Skilled at initiating and organizing new projects with little guidance or supervision
- Instincts to identify when a new approach is necessary; comfortable designing agile frameworks and orchestrating implementation details
- Bachelor's degree, preferably B.S.
- 2+ years experience building trust with customers to deliver technical products
- Project management experience
- Experience with federal programs or the US national security enterprise
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 140 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants authorized to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.