IT Systems Engineer - Desktop
Information Technology / IT
Position Purpose: Handle all issues surrounding Rigetti Computing's internal users' systems, as well as automation and procedural functions to best support the organization. Assist in network troubleshooting, and other IT-related functions as they come up.
This position will be mostly in direct support of our users, so flexibility, positive attitude, and excitement to learn new things are key factors we're looking for in qualified candidates.
- Troubleshooting and setup of internal staff computers and devices
- Installation of relevant software on end-clients and servers to support staff
- User assistance, documentation, and education
- Assist all other staff as necessary
- Off-hours coverage for system issues as necessary
- 1 day per week in company facility in Fremont (flexible)
- Reports to Director of IT
- Outstanding attitude, highly adaptable
- Experience with desktop IT
- Experience with network environments
- Very comfortable with PC hardware
- High degree of comfort with flexible, agile small company environment
- Ability to operate independently
- Comfortable with multiple projects and deliverables
Nice to have
- BS in IT, CS, or related discipline (or relevant experience)
- Professional certifications in applicable areas
- Experience with Linux or other UNIX
- Experience with endpoint management solutions
- Experience with small teams or other small-company/startup work environments
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity’s most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.