Business Organization – Information Technology / IT
As Systems Engineer you will handle all issues surrounding Rigetti Computing’s client-server IT elements and related systems, as well as automation and procedural functions to best support the entire organization. We’re looking for a technical leader, with a broad range of experience, who can help chart the direction of Rigetti’s IT path. This role reports to the Director of IT.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
In 2015, after working in the quantum computing group at IBM, Chad Rigetti founded the company because he believes that the first useful quantum computers are within reach, and that quantum computing has the potential to one day have an enormous positive impact on humanity. We are a team of scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who share those beliefs and work every day to make them a reality. At present we are entirely venture-backed. Our investors include: Andreessen Horowitz, YCombinator, Vy Capital, Bloomberg BETA, and more.
- Troubleshooting, setup, and configuration of servers, clients, and virtual elements
- Installation and management of relevant software to support business functions
- Work closely with Engineering teams on quantum control platforms
- Application of company security frameworks and policies
- Configuration and user management
- General IT support and documentation
- Off-hours coverage for critical system issues as necessary
- 4+ years of recent, hands-on experience in a production IT environment as a Linux/UNIX systems administrator, or systems/DevOps engineer
- Experience with virtualization and containerization frameworks (VMware, Docker, etc)
- Experience with server and storage hardware and datacenter methodologies
- Experience with system automation frameworks (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc)
- Experience with Windows Server and Active Directory
- Experience with automated endpoint management and deployment
- Experience with bash/shell scripting
- Real passion for new technologies, and a solid basis in current and past ones
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, ability to work in dynamic team environment
- High degree of comfort in a flexible, agile company environment
- Ability to operate independently as needed
- Detail oriented, comfortable with multiple projects and deliverables
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Nice to Have
- B.S. in IT, CS, or related discipline
- Professional certifications in appropriate areas
- Experience with small teams or other small-company/startup work environments
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity’s most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working on groundbreaking technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including full healthcare coverage and flexible PTO. For more information, refer to our full careers page here.
Rigetti Computing hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and/or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.