Business Organization – Information Technology / IT
This role will be the primary person meeting needs surrounding Rigetti Computing’s network elements and related systems, as well as assisting with automation and procedural functions to best support the organization. The role is key; you will help to define and build our network infrastructure, while still working within multiple small teams. The ideal candidate for this role will be a collaborative and curious technologist who wants to be a part of a very exciting organization, and have a lot of fun in doing so.
- Troubleshooting, setup, and configuration of network elements (switches, firewalls, APs, etc)
- Installation of relevant software to support network elements
- Enforcement of company security frameworks and policies
- Configuration management
- Networking equipment inventory
- Assist all other team members as necessary
- Off-hours coverage for system issues as required
- Reports to Director of IT
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in a production networking IT environment
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Extensive experience with enterprise network switching
- Extensive experience with next-generation firewalls
- Extensive experience with Linux or other UNIX
- Experience with virtualization and containerization frameworks (VMware, Docker)
- Great oral and written communications skills, ability to work in fast-paced team environment
- High degree of comfort with flexible, agile small company environment
- Ability to operate independently
- Detail oriented, comfortable with multiple projects and deliverables
Nice to Have
- BS in IT, CS, or related discipline
- Professional certifications in applicable areas (CCNA, etc)
- Experience with small teams or other small-company/startup work environments
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity’s most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including full healthcare coverage and flexible PTO. For more information, refer to our full careers page here.