Software Engineer, Quantum Application & SDK
Technology Organization – Software Engineering
As a software engineer in quantum applications working at Rigetti, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the software that will unlock the potential of quantum computing. Working closely with our team of talented software engineers and physicists, you will play a direct role in empowering users of Rigetti’s quantum computers
- Develop and maintain open source tools and libraries for quantum programming focusing on near-term applications and algorithms, in areas such as chemistry, physics, optimization and machine learning.
- You will be building amazing demos and benchmarking to showcase our quantum computer Contribute feedback and features to Rigetti’s SDK, Forest.
- Promote usage of Rigetti’s Quantum Cloud Services (QCS) by creating useful abstractions, such as those for tomography and noise modeling, and unlocking near-term applications.
- Effectively communicate and engage with 3rd party developer partners.
- Work with key researchers as they develop applications (Physics, Chemistry, Optimization, etc.) that will be utilizing our Quantum computer to solve real problems in unique ways.
- You love working as a key software developer straddling between application researchers and the team building quantum computer.
- A Masters or PhD degree in Physics, Computer Science, Chemistry, or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Familiarity with modern software engineering practices including modularity, interfaces, unit testing, Git, maintainability
- Knowledge of quantum computing and quantum algorithms or demonstrated ability to learn
- Scientific and computational research
- Proficiency in Python
- Familiarity with numerical computing, C++, Cython, Julia or similar
- Demonstrated open-source contributions, preferably in a scientific computing discipline
- Active involvement in the quantum computing community
- Experience with high performance computing, distributed computing, workflow management engines
- Experience with classical techniques and tools in machine learning, discrete optimization, or computational chemistry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.