Director of HR
Business Organization – People Ops
The Director of HR will be a hands-on HR professional who will execute and develop practices and processes across all functional HR areas including recruiting, on-boarding, training and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, equity grant programs, and internal communications.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
In 2015, after working in the quantum computing group at IBM, Chad Rigetti founded the company because he believes that the first useful quantum computers are within reach, and that quantum computing has the potential to one day have an enormous positive impact on humanity. We are a team of scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who share those beliefs and work every day to make them a reality. At present we are entirely venture-backed. Our investors include: Andreessen Horowitz, YCombinator, Vy Capital, Bloomberg BETA, and more.
- Oversee performance management
- Continually assess and drive long-term organizational health, culture, diversity & inclusion
- Develop philosophy and administration associated with compensation, equity, and 401(k) plans
- Manage employment brand and oversee all recruiting activities, including university & professional recruiting, job fairs, long-term talent pipeline, hiring strategy, and key recruiting metrics
- Conduct space planning to accommodate organizational effectiveness and growth
- Develop trainings and provide coaching to employees and managers related to employee concerns, company programs, and professional development
- Partner with the Operating Team on org design matters
- Drive continual improvement and alignment via effective internal comms channels
- Structure and implement HR systems and reporting required to service U.S. government contracts
- Ensure compliance with respect to HR, employment, and regulatory matters
Key Early Projects
- Determine key metrics across all areas: what we should measure, when, why, and how
- Design and implement a company-wide performance management framework
- Select and implement an HRIS
- Drive employee orientations and implement successful onboarding and integration tracks
- Develop, implement, and maintain a competitive benefits strategy, including selecting providers and plans
- 7+ years as an HR professional in technology
- 3+ years of experience as the primary HR point-of-contact within a high-growth company or business unit in the technology industry
- 2+ years of experience in a startup environment
- Strategic experience designing and implementing equity programs with stock options or similar equity compensation instruments
- Comfortable simultaneously managing others and producing a high volume of individual contributor work as in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-energy environment
- Experience working effectively with driven leaders
- Experience building out centralized programs and delivering training programs
- Robust knowledge of U.S. and California compliance and regulations
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity's most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working on groundbreaking technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including full healthcare coverage and flexible PTO. For more information, refer to our careers page.
Rigetti Computing hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and/or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.