Technical Partnerships Director
Washington, DC /
Government Partnerships – Government Partnerships /
The Technical Partnerships Director is responsible for growing and managing partnerships with fellow quantum computing pioneers to deliver the world’s most powerful computers. This experienced manager facilitates internal and external alignment to deliver on technical, business, and customer objectives. The Technical Partnerships Director works closely with Rigetti’s executives across both the business and technical staffs to make Rigetti’s technical innovations accessible to the world.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to manage win-win partnerships and business opportunities that are aligned with Rigetti’s goals
- Assist with building team capabilities to manage Rigetti’s portfolio of partnerships
- Gather insights on emerging quantum algorithms and applications to make recommendations on business priorities
- Assess the competitive landscape for opportunities and new approaches
- Align stakeholders and write winning proposals to create high mutual-value partnerships
- Identify requirements to successfully deliver on highly technical partnerships and contracts; raise visibility and coordinate to shape priorities and successful delivery
- Establish and manage expectations and relationships across the company to achieve program goals
- Deliver dynamic frameworks and tools that provide insight on the partnership portfolio’s status (especially cost, schedule and scope) to a variety of stakeholders
- Coordinate success for our partnerships, including uncovering new opportunities within existing relationships
- Resolve differences, adapt to unexpected events, and facilitate change to achieve outcomes; provide timely guidance to cross-functional stakeholders
- Capture and implement learning to improve programs; identify technical and customer insights to drive a feedback loop between internal and partnering teams to deliver transformative results
- Represent Rigetti to a broad spectrum of external parties
- Demonstrate partnership focus both externally and in support of internal teams
- Champion business and program management capabilities that improve outcomes and make work life easier!
You might be a fit if...
- You enjoy:
- Combining your deep technical skills with business and partnership savvy
- Transforming possibilities and ideas into tangible actions
- Delivering extraordinary results
- Being an influential leader
- Identifying, prioritizing, and solving critical challenges in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Juggling multiple high-priority projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- Regularly scanning technical papers or abstracts related to achieving quantum advantage
- You know about these sorts of things:
- Capabilities and requirements needed to grow a thriving business
- Project, program, and portfolio management techniques and methods
- Change management principles and organizational dynamics
- You have these kinds of skills and abilities:
- Robust communication skills, written and verbal, with both senior executives and technical experts
- High emotional intelligence, including the ability to inspire and influence peers
- Ability to negotiate and to shape policies and programs
- Translating technical research and development priorities into partnerships and business opportunities
- Leveraging a flexible mindset to tailor management processes to various team cultures and needs
- Instincts to identify when a new approach is necessary; comfortable designing dynamic frameworks and orchestrating implementation details
- You’ve had experiences like these:
- Demonstrated success managing multi-sector partnerships and contracts
- Coaching teammates who are developing the skills you have
- Leading teams, formally or informally
- Working directly with technical and non-technical partners and teammates
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in math, physics, computer science, engineering, or other technical field directly relevant to quantum computing
- Work experience with or within a high performance computing organization or the national security enterprise
- Partnership Brokering certification
- 12+ years of related experience, including leading teams
As we continue to navigate these unprecedented times, we have committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our employees and have adopted a virtual interview process. While this is a full-time, remote role, some travel to the San Francisco Bay Area or surrounding DC area may be required in the future.
Benefits and Perks:
Rigetti seeks individuals who are motivated by grand challenges and the opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the exciting quantum computing space. As long-term visionaries, we offer employees opportunities for continuous personal and professional growth so they can advance our mission to help solve humanity's most important and pressing problems. To support the financial success and health of our employees and their families, we offer the following benefits in addition to a competitive base salary:
- 401k Plan
- Generous Equity Grant
- 98% coverage on Medical (Kaiser or Anthem Blue Cross), Guardian Dental, Guardian Vision
- Anthem Blue Cross Life Insurance at no cost to the employee
- Opportunities for additional performance-based equity grants or bonuses
To help our employees bring their best selves to work, we also offer various perks to support each individual to perform at their highest level and foster work life balance. All exempt employees are eligible for:
- Unlimited PTO as soon as they join
- Fitness Activity & Gym Membership Reimbursement
- 16 Week Paid Parental Leave
- FSA & Commuter Benefits
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Work Schedule
As we continue to grow our company, we will prioritize applicants who have created a thoughtful application and share our vision and passion for quantum computing. While we regret that we can't hire every applicant, we keep applications on file for 2 years and will reach out if you're a good fit for a future opportunity.
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
Don't see the job you want? Apply here so we can keep in touch with you when the right role opens up in the future!
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants eligible to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.