Senior Electrical Engineer
Technology Organization – Engineering Operations
As a Senior Electrical Engineer on the Rigetti Control Systems team, you will design, develop, and deploy hardware to generate microwave pulses that control and readout the qubits in our quantum computing system. This involves board design (schematic and layout), which include digital, analog and RF components. Testing is another major thrust including verification using scopes, spectrum analyzers, VNAs, as well as testing on the qubits themselves. As part of this process you’ll be working closely with other engineers on the team and with many different teams with different backgrounds. This includes embedded software engineers, mechanical engineers and physicists to help define requirements, build tools and test the system. A key aspect of this position is working with the physics teams to design the hardware to meet requirements set by the physics of our quantum processors. This will require an ability to collaborate, communicate effectively (both written and oral), and to understand problems at a system level and be willing to trade off where necessary. As a senior engineer, we are also looking for you to bring your previous experiences to deepen our understanding of digital board design, including experience specifying and designing critical circuit components such as power supply rails, clock distribution and high-speed transceivers.
- Demonstrated success taking designs from conception through the full design cycle, including manufacturing, test and performance validation in a high technology application.
- PCB design and development experience, including both schematic capture and layout. Preference towards using Altium.
- SPICE simulation, Thermal packaging analysis
- Experience working with PCB manufacturers and assembly houses with an understanding of manufacturing processes, standards and design rules
- Experience working with standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, vector network analyzers, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to interact across different disciplines
- 4+ years of experience
Nice to Have
- Python scripting, (especially the scientific python stack eg. numpy, scipy)
- Experience with FPGA development and verilog coding
- RF design and simulation using AWR or ADS as well as RF layout
- Previous experience working in startups or dynamic work environments
- BS degree in EE or equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.