Senior Software Engineer
Technology Organization – Software Engineering
As Senior Software Engineer working at Rigetti you will be responsible for building and maintaining the software that will unlock the potential of quantum computing. Working closely with our team of talented software engineers and physicists you will play a direct role in improving and scaling Rigetti’s quantum computers.
Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to help solve humanity’s most pressing and important problems. These systems will perform computations that today’s fastest supercomputers are incapable of— unlocking entirely new classes of problems and offering a direct path to solutions. We are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries. We believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. Rigetti is the only company deploying full-stack solutions for hybrid classical/quantum computing. Our quantum computer is available online through our Forest platform, and the first commercially useful applications are already under exploration. As a part of our team, you will help deploy, maintain, and scale our quantum processing system for production.
- Create software that allows for the capture and analysis of experimental data
- Design and implement visualization software that will help the physics team discover relationships and patterns in complex quantum systems
- Improve the performance of the system that runs quantum programs
- Implement modern software engineering practices to reduce complexity across the code base and unlock the development of new features
- Demonstrated software engineering skills in more than one programming language
- Skilled in with high-level architecture design
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and up-leveling software team with mentorship and sharing best practices
- Solid understanding of APIs and client/server networking models including working with asynchronous, non-blocking systems
- Deep understanding of software architecture
- Proficiency with Python, familiarity with Rust or C++
- Working fluency in at least one functional programming language, such as OCaml, Haskell, Lisp, or Scala
- Experience working with low-level device drivers or embedded software
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Experience working with virtual environments
- Demonstrated open source excellence
- Interest in cutting-edge software paradigms, like quantum computing (Note: Knowledge of quantum computing is not a prerequisite!)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Forest, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. Forest includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.