Senior HR Generalist
Business Organization – People Ops
As the Senior HR Generalist at Rigetti, you will help build an optimal workplace for growth and innovation. You will work with every team, at every level of the company — both operational and technical — to design, implement, and measure policies and programs for the development of our people, driving company-wide success.
Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to help solve humanity’s most pressing and important problems. These systems will perform computations that today’s fastest supercomputers are incapable of— unlocking entirely new classes of problems and offering a direct path to solutions. We are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries. We believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. Rigetti is the only company deploying full-stack solutions for hybrid classical/quantum computing. Our quantum computer is available online through our QCS platform, and the first commercially useful applications are already under exploration.
- Implement HR systems, processes, and programs to build the organization and empower our people to grow and succeed — and put metrics and measurements in place to ensure these processes are working and efficient
- Provide day-to-day coaching for employees and managers; provide guidance in employee relations matters
- Develop diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategies for implementation across the organization, from on-boarding to professional advancement
- Advise leadership and management on all HR projects including performance management and coaching, management training, employee relations, organizational development, and D&I
- Ensure Rigetti’s compliance with federal, state, and local labor regulations, as well as reporting requirements, alongside legal counsel and external consultants
- Collaborate with teams and outside advisors to build and manage Rigetti HR policies and programs
- Develop and oversee trainings and professional development activities
- Oversee employee benefits programs and immigration processing
- Refine employee leveling and career progression guidelines and professional development programs
- Refine compensation and equity refresh philosophies and programs
- 5+ years of HR experience, ideally in technology companies both established and start-up
- Experience coaching with a focus on performance management, data analytics/reporting, and employee relations
- HR Systems (HRIS, ATS, etc.) experience; ADP and Lever preferred
- Fluency in compliance and California labor regulations
- Experience working with both technical and business teams, and a thorough understanding of the unique challenges facing both groups
- Demonstrable project management skills and ability to forward program goals independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as emotional intelligence, and the ability to build relationships at every level of the organization
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.