Senior Quantum Engineer
Technology Organization – Full-Stack Quantum Engineering
As a Senior Quantum Engineer you will contribute to systematic improvements throughout Rigetti Computing’s full stack quantum computing architecture. You will design and carry out experiments in order to create concrete functionality, outline hardware requirements for the engineering organization, and integrate novel capabilities into our quantum systems. You will elevate physics breakthroughs into stable technology, working closely with a uniquely diverse team of engineers.
- Design and execute experimental programs to make efficient progress toward systems-level improvements
- Translate device physics into product specifications
- Collaborate across multiple engineering teams including fabrication, software, electrical, and mechanical
- MS or PhD in an applied scientific field
- 3-5 years work experience
- Experience with quantum devices and coherent quantum control
- Fluency with statistical concepts.
- Experience with superconducting qubits
- Experience with software engineering best practices
- Training in microfabrication process development, metrology, and improvement for superconducting microwave circuits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.