Head of Communications
Business Organization – Marketing & Communications
As Head of Communications at Rigetti Computing, you have primary responsibility for marketing communications, message and content strategy, social media, and PR for an industry-defining hard tech company. Your role is to define and drive our message and brand to the market, potential customers, employees, and the quantum computing community. Rigetti Computing is a team of world-class scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of science and technology to achieve an incredibly ambitious mission. Your goal is to fascinate our community and market with our story.
You revel in the opportunity to launch a disruptive product into a new market, and enjoy the challenge of crafting a compelling story to illuminate a complex idea. You excel at both the creative thinking and execution required to deliver the right message to the right audience at the right time.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
In 2015, after working in the quantum computing group at IBM, Chad Rigetti founded the company because he believes that the first useful quantum computers are within reach, and that quantum computing has the potential to one day have an enormous positive impact on humanity. At present we are entirely venture-backed. Our investors include: Andreessen Horowitz, YCombinator, Vy Capital, Bloomberg BETA, and more.
Major objectives, first 12-18 months
- Define and develop the narrative that brings quantum computing technology to customers, partners, developers, and other core audiences
- Formulate and execute communications roadmap, coordinated with major business and technology milestones, including web, PR and social media presence
- Lead the announcement of technology, product, recognition and funding events
- Establish a leading role for Rigetti in educating the community about quantum computing
- Proven ability to conceive, advocate, and execute a dynamic, high-impact communications program around new technology
- Familiarity with startups and brand development for advanced technology products
- Able to engage a broad audience that includes leading scientists
- Experience engaging a developer/user community
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills
- Experience managing and leading a team including external vendors and agencies
Nice to Have
- Developed marketing programs for a $100M per year business
- Led marketing or communications at a biotech, AI, computing, or space company
- Launched an advanced technology startup with coverage in top-tier publications
- Deep engineering or scientific background, including time spent in a technical role
- Prior experience in a similar role in a developer-focused organization
- Experience marketing advanced technology products internationally
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity's most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including full healthcare coverage and flexible PTO. For more information, refer to our full careers page here.
Rigetti Computing hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and/or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.