Head of Communications
Business Organization – Marketing & Communications
As Head of Communications at Rigetti Computing, you have primary responsibility for marketing communications, message and content strategy, social media, and PR for an industry-defining hard tech company. Your role is to define and drive our message and brand to the market, potential customers, employees, and the quantum computing community. Rigetti Computing is a team of world-class scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of science and technology to achieve an incredibly ambitious mission. Your goal is to fascinate our community and market with our story.
You revel in the opportunity to launch a disruptive product into a new market, and enjoy the challenge of crafting a compelling story to illuminate a complex idea. You excel at both the creative thinking and execution required to deliver the right message to the right audience at the right time.
Major objectives, first 12-18 months
- Define and develop the narrative that brings quantum computing technology to customers, partners, developers, and other core audiences
- Formulate and execute communications roadmap, coordinated with major business and technology milestones, including web, PR and social media presence
- Lead the announcement of technology, product, recognition and funding events
- Establish a leading role for Rigetti in educating the community about quantum computing
Candidate must meet the following requirements
- Proven ability to conceive, advocate, and execute a dynamic, high-impact communications program around new technology
- Familiarity with startups and brand development for advanced technology products
- Able to engage a broad audience that includes leading scientists
- Experience engaging a developer/user community
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills
- Experience managing and leading a team including external vendors and agencies
- Developed marketing programs for a $100M per year business
- Led marketing or communications at a biotech, AI, computing, or space company
- Launched an advanced technology startup with coverage in top-tier publications
- Deep engineering or scientific background, including time spent in a technical role
- Prior experience in a similar role in a developer-focused organization
- Experience marketing advanced technology products internationally
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity's most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including full healthcare coverage and flexible PTO. For more information, refer to our full careers page here.