Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Technology Organization – Hardware Engineering
As an Embedded Software Engineer on the Rigetti Control Systems team, you will develop firmware for the embedded processors that generate and receive the microwave and analog signals that operate the quantum computer, and you will develop the drivers for the PC software that determines the system operation. This includes coding purpose-built drivers for custom electronics, working with physicists to develop software for controlling quantum chips, and ensuring nanosecond timing for signal generation. Our engineering team iterates hardware and software rapidly, so your approach to engineering must must be both agile and include a systems level design sensibility.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
- Expertise in C/C++ and assembly software development, tools, and debugging
- Practical knowledge of FPGAs (especially hybrid FPGA/CPU designs), DSPs, or other specialized computing environments
- Experience working with standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Experience developing drivers in the Linux kernel (kernel patches a huge plus)
- Experience with virtual instrument software (VISA, IVI, etc.)
- A genuine interest in embedded software and device driver development
- Previous experience working in startups / dynamic work environments
- 7+ years of experience as an embedded software engineer
- BS degree in EE, CS, Physics or equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including full healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our full careers page here.
Rigetti Computing hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and/or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.