Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Technology Organization – Hardware Engineering
As an Embedded Software Engineer on the Rigetti Control Systems team, you will develop firmware for the embedded processors that generate and receive the microwave and analog signals that operate the quantum computer, and you will develop the drivers for the PC software that determines the system operation. This includes coding purpose-built drivers for custom electronics, working with physicists to develop software for controlling quantum chips, and ensuring nanosecond timing for signal generation. Our engineering team iterates hardware and software rapidly, so your approach to engineering must must be both agile and include a systems level design sensibility.
- Expertise in C/C++ and assembly software development, tools, and debugging
- Practical knowledge of FPGAs (especially hybrid FPGA/CPU designs), DSPs, or other specialized computing environments
- Experience working with standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Experience developing drivers in the Linux kernel (kernel patches a huge plus)
- Experience with virtual instrument software (VISA, IVI, etc.)
- A genuine interest in embedded software and device driver development
- Previous experience working in startups / dynamic work environments
- 7+ years of experience as an embedded software engineer
- BS degree in EE, CS, Physics or equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
We believe the first useful quantum computers are within reach, and we believe quantum computing has the potential to one day have an enormous positive impact on humanity. To help realize that vision, we also develop new algorithms for quantum computing, with a focus on near-term applications in computational chemistry and machine learning.
Our product, Forest, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. Forest includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
For more information, refer to our About page.