Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Technology Organization – Hardware Engineering
As an Embedded Software Engineer on the Rigetti Control Systems team, you will develop firmware for the embedded processors that generate and receive the microwave and analog signals that operate the quantum computer, and you will develop the drivers for the PC software that determines the system operation. This includes coding purpose-built drivers for custom electronics, working with physicists to develop software for controlling quantum chips, and ensuring nanosecond timing for signal generation. Our engineering team iterates hardware and software rapidly, so your approach to engineering must must be both agile and include a systems level design sensibility.
- Expertise in C/C++ and assembly software development, tools, and debugging
- Practical knowledge of FPGAs (especially hybrid FPGA/CPU designs), DSPs, or other specialized computing environments
- Experience working with standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Experience developing drivers in the Linux kernel (kernel patches a huge plus)
- Experience with virtual instrument software (VISA, IVI, etc.)
- A genuine interest in embedded software and device driver development
- Previous experience working in startups / dynamic work environments
- 7+ years of experience as an embedded software engineer
- BS degree in EE, CS, Physics or equivalent
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity's most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment.
We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.