Berkeley, CA /
Business Operations – Finance and Accounting /
Rigetti Computing is building the world's most powerful Quantum Computers to solve humanity's most pressing problems. We've recently raised our Series C funding and are now seeking our first FP&A Analyst. For this position, you will partner very closely with various business leaders across the company to collect data and drive analysis that will help solve our unique business challenges and empower us to make strategic decisions.
As the first FP&A contributor on the team, you will be offered many opportunities for learning, development, and career growth. The ideal candidate will be excited to wear multiple hats, embodies an operational mindset, and is comfortable working in a small, collaborative, and diverse team.
As scientific leaders, we value diversity and are committed to building a culture of inclusion to attract and engage innovative thinkers. Our technology, meant to serve all of humanity, cannot succeed if those who built it do not mirror the diversity of the communities we serve. Applications from women, minorities, and other under represented groups are strongly encouraged.
- Manage key aspects of financial planning and analysis, including: forecasting and budgeting, long-range planning, and variance analysis
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to assist with company planning processes regarding corporate short and long-term forecasts for income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Develop and maintain an insightful monthly financial reporting package to include key metrics
- Work closely together with the Controller on monthly close process
Where You Will Have Impact Within Your First 6 Months:
- Implementation of company-wide budgets and financial programs
- Evangelization of a data-driven finance strategy across the organization
- Collection of key data insights to the leadership team. Data you collect should be able to drive deeper visibility and structure to the company’s financial health and cover topics such as: budget vs actuals, areas of risk, areas of growth, process improvement recommendations, etc.
- Project-based analysis to assist our executive team in understanding the financial impacts of various business projects across the organization
- Assisting with business operations analytics, data visualizations, and special presentations, such as the quarterly financial report to the Board
You Are a Great Fit If You Have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics or equivalent practical experience
- 2-3+ years of experience in FP&A and/or Strategic Finance equivalent roles, preferably within the high tech, manufacturing, or hardware industry
- Excellent communication skills and experience partnering with coworkers who possess diverse talents
- Experience comfortably multi-tasking and shifting between multiple priorities to support the evolving needs of a small Finance department
- An ability to define and scope projects thoughtfully and carefully, creatively collect and analyze data, and quickly generate practical insights and strategic recommendations to a leadership team
- Proficiency with Excel, Google Sheets, specifically knowing how to use pivot tables
- Familiarity with Netsuite and can perform Netsuite queries
Nice-to-Have Qualifications (Preferred but not required):
- CPA, CFA, or MBA
- Engineering or STEM background
- Experience in investment banking industry
- Proficiency in SQL or any relevant data visualization tools
- Experience with or excitement for working in a maturing start-up environment
As we continue to navigate these unprecedented times, we have committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our employees and have adopted a virtual interview process. This position will be based out of our Berkeley headquarters and will be required to work remotely temporarily. Longer term, this position will likely be a hybrid role (remote and onsite).
Benefits and Perks:
Rigetti seeks individuals who are motivated by grand challenges and the opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the exciting quantum computing space. As long-term visionaries, we offer employees opportunities for continuous personal and professional growth so they can advance our mission to help solve humanity's most important and pressing problems. To support the financial success and health of our employees and their families, we offer the following benefits in addition to a competitive base salary:
- 401k Plan
- Generous Equity Grant
- 98% coverage on Medical (Kaiser or Anthem Blue Cross), Guardian Dental, Guardian Vision
- Anthem Blue Cross Life Insurance at no cost to the employee
- Opportunities for additional performance-based equity grants or bonuses
To help our employees bring their best selves to work, we also offer various perks to support each individual to perform at their highest level and foster work life balance. All full-time exempt employees are eligible for:
- Unlimited PTO as soon as they join. After their first year, they are also eligible to take an annual 2-3 week paid sabbatical.
- Fitness Activity & Gym Membership Reimbursement
- 16 Week Paid Parental Leave
- FSA & Commuter Benefits
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Work Schedule
As we continue to grow our company, we will prioritize applicants who have created a thoughtful application and share our vision and passion for quantum computing. While we regret that we can't hire every applicant, we keep applications on file for 2 years and will reach out if you're a good fit for a future opportunity.
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
Don't see the job you want? Apply here so we can keep in touch with you when the right role opens up in the future!
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants authorized to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.