Systems Engineer - Technical Operations
Technology Organization – Engineering Operations
The Technical Operations Team (TechOps) at Rigetti Computing is responsible for developing the world's most advanced automated monitoring and control systems for remote management of dilution refrigeration, controls electronics and facilities of Rigetti’s Quantum Cloud Services.
As a team member, you will be part of a diverse group of technical operations engineers, distinguished scientists, and design experts, and uniquely positioned to work on infrastructure and dilution refrigeration systems. In this role, you will transform our R&D lab into a completely automated, industrial production-ready monitoring and control systems environment enabling the operation of quantum computing hardware in a style compatible with classical data center hardware.
- Transform PC-based LabView-based dilution refrigeration controls to industrial control systems
- Integrate all critical dilution refrigeration controls with operation and control of control systems hardware and all environmental monitoring and control systems
- Create smart alarms based on SPC data collections of dilution refrigeration systems, control electronics, and facilities
- Migrate Quantum Computing equipment to data center facilities with remote management capabilities
- Work closely with our physicist, Infrastructure Engineering, electronics control, and facilities teams
- Experience in managing industrial lab equipment including high voltage electrical power, chillers, compressors, high vacuum, cryogenics, helium leak detection, and system troubleshooting
- Perform hands-on systems engineering works including operation of dilution refrigeration systems with applications in quantum computing, rack & stack of specialty electronics equipment and traditional servers, network equipment, power distribution and environmental monitoring systems.
- 5+ years of experience in Unix or Linux systems administration
- 3+ years of network administration experience (Linux/Juniper environment), experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- Programming experience with Python (ideally)
- Experience working with databases like Postgres and log management systems such as Graylog
- Experience operating and maintaining data center facilities and equipment, experience with power systems, experience with HVAC systems
- Experience deploying and maintaining production database systems
- Experience implementing and maintaining dashboards
- Understanding of materials and techniques at mK temperatures
- Hands-on experience using security-related toolsets
- Excellent interpersonal, technical presentation and communication skills
- Computer Science or Electrical Engineering BS plus minimum of 10 years of experience as a systems engineer or consultant
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.