Technical Content & Proposal Writer
Business Organization – Go to Market
You are a wizard of words. You love making even the most challenging topics a pleasure to read and easy to consume. You learn quickly and bring a fair amount of technical chops to the table but you prefer the beauty of language over data. The Technical Content Writer is responsible for authoring a wide variety of content to support the needs of Rigetti’s growing Enterprise team. We regularly take a tough subject matter and make it approachable to a non-technical business audience. Other times, your writing will need to hold up to the critical eye of a technologist or academic scholar. To be successful you will need to know the difference. Some examples include, but are not limited to white papers, case studies, sales decks, infographics, blog posts, articles, and customer proposals. The successful candidate will have experience in B2B marketing, content production, and deeply technical environments.
Applicants must submit a portfolio that showcases a variety of work, including at least one long-form authored piece such as a branded white paper or case study. Prior work should reflect understanding of enterprise hardware, software, or services or other highly technical subject matter. Don’t hesitate to throw in some of your more relaxed writing examples as well that showcase your personal style.
- Author unique content pieces driven by the evolving needs of our Enterprise team
- Work closely with the Marketing and Business Development teams to research enterprise audiences and user personas
- Interview SMEs to write white papers about the application of Rigetti’s hardware, software, and services in multiple industries
- Interview clients to write case studies and inform future business development efforts in key customer verticals
- Ghostwrite executive articles for Rigetti’s blogs or popular media
- Contribute to the design, layout, and production of authored materials for print and web, including the creation of charts, diagrams, and other visual elements
- Remain current with the Company’s services, products, and messaging to ensure the Company’s competitive advantage is clearly communicated and understood in proposals and client-facing materials
- Participate in all phases of the proposal process including proposal strategy planning, content writing and development, internal review, and production, making sure that all materials are client-focused and clearly articulates compelling business value
- Reads and reviews Requests For Proposals (RFP) and ensures developed content is compliant with all instructions and criteria
- 5+ years professional experience as a technical writer, enterprise content producer, or related role
- Prior experience and passion for working within a deeply technical environment
- Ability to translate complex topics into clear, concise, and compelling stories to educate and inspire decision makers across key industry verticals
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical teams to gather input from multiple stakeholders and drive business results
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with dynamic objectives
- Independently manage multiple projects from concept to publication under tight deadlines
- Proficient in English with excellent grammatical skills and a solid understanding of style, structure and tone guidelines
- Appreciation for visual storytelling and ability to work closely with designers to convey key messages with infographics, illustrations, or multimedia content
- Proficiency using editorial and design tools for print and web, for example, Adobe or other creative suites; experience with HTML and CSS a plus
- Position may require the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.