Test Automation Engineer
Technology Organization – Software Engineering
As a Test Automation engineer on the Rigetti Operating Systems team, you will develop frameworks, tools, and tests to cover the full depth and breadth of the Rigetti Quantum Computer. This includes testing purpose-built drivers for custom electronics, working with physicists to test software for measuring quantum circuit characteristics, and figuring out how to extend testing upwards into the quantum programming stack. Our engineering team iterates (both software and hardware) rapidly and so our automated test suites must be fast, reliable, maintainable, and thorough. You will join the team's two goals of (1) improving the automated testing of the portions of the Rigetti Quantum Computer that already exist, and (2) rapidly developing new tests for features and functionality in progress.
- Define test strategy, create test plans, test cases, and automation for Rigetti OS
- Collaborate with internal customers to understand issues and code new test scenarios
- Partner with the engineering team to add test suites into continuous integration system
- Communicate the quality of the product through metrics
- Support other types of quality targets such as performance, load and stress testing
- Previous experience working in startups / dynamic work environments
- Proficient with Python and Python unit testing frameworks
- Strong experience with bug tracking tools (Github, JIRA) and procedures around logging bugs
- Familiarity with systems software, embedded software or other low level software
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity's most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.