Technology Organization – Engineering Operations
Contract - Short Term
The Technical Operations Team (TechOps) at Rigetti Quantum Computing is filling the role of Electromechanical Technician. As a member of this team you will be working with dilution refrigerators, microwave electronic circuits, and the hardware to support it all at the heart of our quantum computing technology.
You will work with distinguished scientists and design engineers to bridge the fabrication and testing of quantum computing devices. As a member of the team that speeds up the fab to test cycle, some of your daily responsibilities and activities will include assembling, disassembling, and cycling cryo units; adding and driving standard operating procedures; creating and maintaining living process documents; and technical troubleshooting.
In this role, you will draw on your years of practical experience in electro-mechanical systems, (ideally cryogenic systems), implementing and troubleshooting designs, working closely between the TechOps and Assembly Teams on the implement of the next generation of fridge hardware and chip support infrastructure. The model candidate will have performed a hands-on function with interdisciplinary advanced technology teams at industry-leading companies or academic labs.
- Working with complex electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Assembling, servicing, and supporting scientific instruments.
- Preparing chip assemblies for testing.
- Troubleshooting, following wiring diagrams, and soldering.
- Assembly of cryogenic heat exchange systems.
- RF and coaxial cable assembly and cryogenic conditioning.
- Follow established documents/procedures and create them as needed.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering associate degree plus [1-5] years’ experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail in designing assemblies, bolt torquing, parts cleaning, and tolerance -checks.
- Understanding of materials and techniques at mK temperatures
- Experience assembling, equipment servicing, and maintaining scientific instruments and/or complex electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.