Quantum Applications (QxBranch) – RAD
Rigetti is seeking a talented data scientist with a background in machine learning and taking data science solutions through to production. The successful applicant will be invited to join our welcoming, diverse team in Washington DC and work on innovative solutions to diverse problems. The role will require you to interact with clients and collaborate with Rigetti’s passionate team of data scientists and systems engineers, shaping data analytics solutions to meet client needs.
Rigetti offers a flexible, equal-opportunity workplace with an engaged and talented team delivering high-quality projects on the cutting edge of technology. Occasional interstate and international travel for client workshops and technical networking will be required.
We are seeking people with a range of experience within the industry, from talented recent graduates to those with many years, covering the full spectrum of data science practices.
To apply please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in and qualification for the role.
- Prototype, develop, and deploy complex analytics models for client systems
- Organize, manage, and curate large and complex datasets (Image, Audio, Video documents)
- Work on digital data classification and entity extraction
- Work in an internationally distributed team, with schedule flexibility
- Deliver high quality technical outcomes while adhering to cost and schedule constraints
- Minimum 3 years of real-world business experience in a data science role
- Hands-on experience building and implementing predictive models using machine learning algorithms
- Proficiency in Python and common machine learning packages such as Scikit-learn, NLTK, Tensor-flow, Keras, PyTorch, REGEX, Open-CV etc.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and its Machine Learning APIs such as Cloud Auto-ML, Cloud Vision, Natural Language etc.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP), Regular expression (REGEX) and Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Experience with document classification and entity extraction
- Competence in all portions of the data analytics pipeline, including ingest, cleaning, feature extraction, modeling, statistical validation, and visualization / reporting
- Competence in software development practices including writing maintainable code, unit testing, version control, cloud-based development and performance profiling and tuning
- Bachelor of Science or higher in engineering, science, or mathematics, with specializations related to computer science preferred
- Expertise in deep learning, natural language processing, probabilistic modeling, behavioral analysis and causal analysis
- Strong data visualization and data "storytelling" skills
- Analytics experience in image recognition and classification, document classification, entity extraction, synthetic data generation, finance, insurance, and/or cyber security
- Proficiency in other analytics technologies, such as R, SQL, google cloud platform, Hadoop, and Spark
- Strong customer interaction experience
- An agile company, with multiple clients among the Fortune Global 500
- An inclusive team culture that fosters and rewards excellence
- Competitive salary based on candidates’ ability to perform
- Modern, high-performance development environment and tools
- An equal opportunity workplace
- Flexible working hours
- Seniority level
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 140 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants authorized to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.