Software Developer in Test and QA Automation Lead
Technology Organization – Software Engineering
As a Software Developer in Test and QA Automation lead, you will be responsible for Rigetti’s leading the automation testing & frameworks to ensure production grade release quality of the QCS software platform. This is a unique hands-on opportunity to define, design, develop, implement, and lead the QA automation framework across Rigetti. Quantum Cloud Services (QCS) is the first quantum platform designed to unlock the potential of quantum computing and its applications. You will play a direct and critical role in the software quality and reliability of Rigetti’s quantum computers and work closely with our team of talented software engineers and physicists as you lead and implement the testing automation initiatives.
Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to help solve humanity’s most pressing and important problems. These systems will perform computations that today’s fastest supercomputers are incapable of— unlocking entirely new classes of problems and offering a direct path to solutions. We are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries. We believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. Rigetti is the only company deploying full-stack solutions for hybrid classical/quantum computing. Our 16-qubit quantum computer is available online through our Quantum Cloud Services platform, and the first commercially useful applications are already under exploration.
- Lead software engineering testing across all software teams in implementing best practices, automation in a scalable fashion across all the software organization.
- Design, develop, run, and own the end-to-end test automation framework for the QCS software stack.
- Hands-on development responsible for building, integrating, deploying, and running our QA Automation framework and tools.
- Design complete tests to run as part of our CI/CD pipeline.
- Design end-to-end test topologies to simulate execution of the QCS software stack. The stack consists of open-source software, internal services and embedded Linux OS.
- Design and execute test suites running in a virtual environment and real hardware.
- Integrate with and improve the CI/CD workflow with comprehensive test automation.
- Implement a test case management system.
- 6-10+ years of professional, production experience in architecting and building automation frameworks, including test automation as well.
- Strong interest in scalable, future-proof architecture.
- Expert in test automation frameworks, both homegrown, and 3rd party best in class emerging frameworks.
- Experienced in designing and implementing multiple automation frameworks, everything from lowest level whitebox testing/automation, to UI testing/automation, to end-to-end integration testing frameworks.
- Experience in test case management tooling and integration.
- Keen eye towards CI/CD pipelines, automated regression testing, and scalable test services in both an onprem and cloud environment.
- Experience working with Dockerized development workflows and configuration.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and work cross functionally.
- A resilient, light-hearted, collaborative work style.
- Web application testing (e.g. Jest, Selenium).
- Familiar with closed and open source build systems.
- Familiar with code coverage and test management tools.
- Experience with AWS cloud and Terraform.
- Linux-based operating systems and Docker container expertise.
- Working expertise with CI/CD tools (e.g. GitLab, Semaphore, Bamboo, CircleCI).
- Experience in working with test automation via open source (GitHub).
- Optimizing build systems.
- Creating logging and metrics dashboards and reports (e.g. Splunk, Mode).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.