Business Organization – Information Technology / IT
The Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for building, upgrading, and operating Rigetti’s core server infrastructure. As a member of the Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for the vital systems that power all aspects of our business. This is a role for the highly-skilled and experienced IT/technology generalist.
Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to help solve humanity’s most pressing and important problems. These systems will perform computations that today’s fastest supercomputers are incapable of— unlocking entirely new classes of problems and offering a direct path to solutions. We are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries. We believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. Rigetti is the only company deploying full-stack solutions for hybrid classical/quantum computing. Our 19-qubit quantum computer is available online through our Forest platform, and the first commercially useful applications are already under exploration.
- Management and deployment of servers, storage, virtualization, and related infrastructure
- Installation and management of relevant software to support business functions
- Work closely with Engineering teams on quantum control platforms
- Configuration and user management
- General department support and documentation
- Highest-level escalation for IT
- Off-hours coverage for critical system issues as necessary
- 5+ years of Linux system administration in a production environment
- In-depth understanding of Linux, virtualization, and networking
- Hands-on experience working with storage platforms and associated technologies (iSCSI, NFS, FibreChannel, etc)
- Hands-on experience managing virtualization platforms (OpenStack, VMware, etc)
- Driven to learn new technologies
- Systems-based thinker
- Strong communication skills to work with both other members of the Infrastructure team and in collaborative efforts and projects involving other teams
- Experience working in public/hybrid Cloud platforms
- Experience with containerization frameworks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Forest, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. Forest includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.