Sr. RF Design Engineer
Operating the world’s first high performance and scalable quantum integrated circuits requires a sophisticated electronic control system. Today, this is both technically challenging and laborious, typically done through a complex suite of RF signal generation and measurement equipment.
As the Senior RF Design Engineer at Rigetti Computing, you will help define the control system requirements and system architecture as well as design and build the RF circuits that drive our quantum computers. This is a unique opportunity to design and integrate custom hardware that make quantum computing a reality. In this role, you will work alongside our team of experts in software, hardware, and quantum physics.
- You enjoy architecting and implementing RF systems that perform better or are a better fit to project needs than existing products
- Track record of the end-to-end development of RF systems, modules, and components, particularly for radar, DRFMs, test equipment, and other transmit and receive systems
- VHF and gigahertz RF, Mixed-signal, and digital board design, schematic, and layout
- VCOs and PLLs, mixers, low-pass and band-pass filters
- High-speed matched I/Q DACs and ADCs
- High-speed digital logic including FPGAs, Ethernet, LVDS, and PCIe
- Board bring up: RF circuitry, DC-DC switchers, and digital interfaces
- Experience in prototyping and low-rate production
- You will thrive in this role by being a systematic thinker; fact-based, rigorous and detail-oriented
- Work with enthusiasm and insightfulness
- You are creative and competent, and a calm and easy communicator
- Tremendous grit fueled by a passion for seeing what you've built change things for the better
- Translate performance-related specifications to appropriate board-level architecture and component selection including mitigating project risk
- Develop, implement, and hand off board-level calibration procedures
- PCB rework
- Experience supervising technicians
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity's most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.