Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Technology Organization – Software Engineering
As an Embedded Software Engineer on the Rigetti Control Systems team, you will develop firmware for the embedded processors that generate and receive the microwave and analog signals that operate our quantum computers. The role also includes coding purpose-built drivers for custom electronics, working with physicists to develop software for controlling quantum chips, and ensuring nanosecond timing for signal generation and reception. Our engineering team iterates hardware and software rapidly, so your approach to engineering must be both agile and include a systems level design sensibility.
Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to help solve humanity’s most pressing and important problems. These systems will perform computations that today’s fastest supercomputers are incapable of unlocking entirely new classes of problems and offering a direct path to solutions. We are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries. We believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. Rigetti is the only company deploying full-stack solutions for hybrid classical/quantum computing. Our 16-qubit quantum computer is available online through our Quantum Cloud Services platform, and the first commercially useful applications are already under exploration. As a part of our team, you will help deploy, maintain, and scale our quantum processing system for production.
- Expertise in embedded C/C++ software development, tools, and debugging
- Practical knowledge of FPGAs (especially hybrid FPGA/CPU designs), DSPs, or other specialized computing environments
- Experience working with standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Ability to support both research/prototype and hardened production systems
- Ability and willingness to write test code for embedded systems
- 7+ years of experience as an embedded software engineer
Nice to have
- Experience with the Yocto toolchain
- Experience developing drivers in the Linux kernel (kernel patches a huge plus)
- Experience with assembly programming
- Experience with writing a web server running on an embedded system
- A genuine interest in embedded software and device driver development
- Previous experience working in startups or dynamic work environments
- BS degree in CS, EE, Physics or equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.