Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer working on Control Systems at Rigetti Computing you’ll build the bedrock software layers that make quantum computing possible. Think "an Operating System for a Quantum Computer". This software is the nervous system that calibrates and operates our technology. You should be interested in building robust software systems for both laboratory and production environments.
This is a highly creative role and you must be comfortable with invention. An introduction to the higher levels of the software stack for quantum computing can be found here.
- 5+ years software engineering experience building mission-critical systems
- Expertise in at least one high-level object oriented language such as Python, Java, or Ruby
- Experience with SQL databases
- Comfortable leading a high-level architecture discussion one moment, and then translating that discussion into real production code the next
Nice to have
- Experience working with FPGAs (especially hybrid FPGA/CPU designs), DSPs, or other specialized computing environments
- Experience developing drivers in the Linux kernel (kernel patches a huge plus)
- Experience working with standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Academic background in CS, EE or Physics
- Knowledge of quantum computing and quantum circuits
- Experience with virtual instrument software (VISA, IVI, etc.)
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity's most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.