Sr. Process Integration and Operations Engineer
Technology Organization – Fabrication
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity’s most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working on groundbreaking technology in a mission-driven, entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view, and to make great products that change the world for the better.
The individual in this role will spend every day immersed in the hands-on fabrication of these unique devices.
Position Objective: Develop and fabricate novel quantum bit devices by driving process and design integration.
- Process integration engineering to drive process development working with module engineers and teams. Responsible for meeting and improving yield and reliability goals. Problem solving to resolve technical and operational issues.
- Establish and drive process technology test vehicle, data gathering and qualification plans for overall technology, and for modules as needed. Integration engineering to support externally sourced process services.
- Design integration to support technology development, qualification and production. Establish and manage design rule document working with stakeholders.
- Operational engineering to track process lots, data analysis, and problem-solving.
- Assist with routine facility upkeep, including chemical waste disposal and replacing gas cylinders as needed. Participate in Environmental Safety and Health program.
- Assist all other facility members as necessary. Participate in special projects needed.
- > 10 years relevant hands-on experience in a semiconductor fabrication facility.
- MS/PhD in Engineering/Science
- Experience in driving process development in a lead integration role, and demonstrated ability to deliver solutions
- Knowledge of semiconductor/MEMS processing tools; hands on experience working in module engineering
- Familiarity with fabrication lot tracking, statistical process control, and data analysis software package
- Experience in design and modeling (mechanical / electrical)
- Multi-functional experience in research and production environments; experience managing external service providers
- Excellent oral communication skills; ability to interact with wide variety of people with different skills
- Detail-oriented and meticulous
- High degree of comfort with flexible, agile small company environment; ability to work in dynamic team environment
- Comfortable working in clean room environment, including hygiene protocols and hazmat handling protocols
Nice to Have
- Comfort with MS Office and/or Google Suite
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.