The individual in this role will spend each day immersed in the hands-on fabrication of these unique devices. The ideal candidate will carry out, optimize, and troubleshoot all necessary processes for fabrication of novel quantum bit devices.
- Operate lithography, etch, deposition, and metrology tools in a clean-room environment
- Develop, improve, and troubleshoot all relevant processes using fundamental understanding, FMEA, and/or statistical
- approaches as required
- Collaborate with device designers to improve device manufacturability
- Assist in development of test/monitor wafer processes to ensure tool and process stability
- Support FMEA (Failure Mode Effects and Analysis) for design, process, and implementation plans
- Create, revise, and carry out SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Participate in Environmental, Safety and Health program
- Assist all other facility members as necessary
- Reports to Senior Process Engineer
- BS in Engineering and > 8 years relevant industry experience
- Hands-on experience and comfortable using and operating wide range of semiconductor/MEMS processing tools
- Experience in a single-wafer process environment
- Comfortable working in Clean Room environment, including hygiene protocols and hazmat handling protocols
- Excellent oral communications skills, ability to work in fast-paced team environment
- High degree of comfort with flexible, agile small company environment
- Detail oriented, comfortable with computer-based recipe and wafer tracking systems
- MS in Engineering
- Cross-functional experience in both research and production environments
- Experience with small teams or other small-company/startup work environments
- Familiarity with relevant software, including statistical packages (JMP, Minitab), Xperidesk and MES.
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity’s most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.