Algorithms & Applications Researcher - Quantum Machine Learning
Technology Organization – Device Design & Theory
As an Algorithms & Application Researcher at Rigetti Computing, you will research and develop algorithms and applications for our quantum hardware technology. You will work collaboratively with both our internal research and engineering teams as well as external partners and the academic community.
We hope you bring a history of high-impact work, but we're flexible on the details — great research comes from mixing a variety of backgrounds and viewpoints. We’re especially passionate about candidates with experience producing great research papers AND great code. We will consider two kinds of candidates: researchers with direct experience in quantum algorithms for machine learning, and machine learning researchers with a demonstrable interest in quantum computing and algorithms.
Technical backgrounds of particular interest are:
- Neural networks, especially Boltzmann Machines
- Reinforcement learning
- Probabilistic modelling and programming
- Quantum Monte Carlo and Quantum Walks
- HHL, Quantum PCA, SVM, curve fitting, etc.
- Implementation and development of quantum algorithms for machine learning with a focus on methods that can be run on near-term devices.
- Develop software interfaces to existing ML infrastructure.
- Technical achievements in one or more of the technical background areas
- Experience and background in writing mathematical and scientific software
- Excellent technical communications skills
- Strong appetite for learning
- Demonstrated success in teams
Nice to Have
- Published research in the technical background areas
- Contributions to open source software projects
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity's most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working on groundbreaking technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.