Algorithms & Applications Researcher - Quantum Machine Learning
Technology Organization – Device Design & Theory
As an Algorithms & Application Researcher at Rigetti Computing, you will research and develop algorithms and applications for our quantum hardware technology. You will work collaboratively with both our internal research and engineering teams as well as external partners and the academic community.
We hope you bring a history of high-impact work, but we're flexible on the details — great research comes from mixing a variety of backgrounds and viewpoints. We’re especially passionate about candidates with experience producing great research papers AND great code. We will consider two kinds of candidates: researchers with direct experience in quantum algorithms for machine learning, and machine learning researchers with a demonstrable interest in quantum computing and algorithms.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Technical backgrounds of particular interest are:
- Neural networks, especially Boltzmann Machines
- Reinforcement learning
- Probabilistic modelling and programming
- Quantum Monte Carlo and Quantum Walks
- HHL, Quantum PCA, SVM, curve fitting, etc.
- Implementation and development of quantum algorithms for machine learning with a focus on methods that can be run on near-term devices.
- Develop software interfaces to existing ML infrastructure.
- Technical achievements in one or more of the technical background areas
- Experience and background in writing mathematical and scientific software
- Excellent technical communications skills
- Strong appetite for learning
- Demonstrated success in teams
Nice to Have
- Published research in the technical background areas
- Contributions to open source software projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including full healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our full careers page here.
Rigetti Computing hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and/or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.