Jr. Quantum Engineer
Technology Organization – Fabrication
As a Quantum Jr Engineer you will lead the characterization and qualification of our quantum devices. As we work towards scaling, improving the performance, and deploying more of our devices, you will be responsible for characterizing newly fabricated chips, and will assist in assessing deployability of these chips for production. Your role also includes working closely with the broader full stack quantum engineering team to iterate and improve upon our characterization procedures.
We are looking for someone who is diligent and excited about helping the team with this important step in R&D and putting a Quantum device into production.
Rigetti Computing is building the world’s most powerful computers to help solve humanity’s most pressing and important problems. These systems will perform computations that today’s fastest supercomputers are incapable of— unlocking entirely new classes of problems and offering a direct path to solutions. We are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries. We are driven by the mission to bring this technology out of the laboratory and into the hands of developers. Rigetti deploys full-stack solutions for hybrid classical/quantum computing. Our Aspen quantum processors are available online through our Quantum Cloud Services platform, and the first commercially useful applications are already under exploration.
- Characterizing chips for the full-stack quantum engineering team
- Qualifying chips for deployment to users
- Coordinate cool downs with our Tech Ops team
- Collaborating cross team to help improve our automated calibration scripts
- On-call support for the currently deployed chips
- Bachelor's degree, with a Master’s preferred, in Physics/Applied Physics/EE
- Strong coding skills, with (minimum) basic proficiency in python
- Organized and meticulous
Nice to Have
- Prior technical role in an industry or start-up environment
- Exposure to RF measurement techniques, or software-defined radio
- Prior experience manipulating spins, e.g. completed an NMR lab in school
- Prior exposure to basic concepts of qubits and quantum computing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is a full-stack quantum computing company based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA. We design and manufacture superconducting quantum integrated circuits. We package and deploy those chips in a low-temperature environment, and we build control systems to perform quantum logic operations on them. We build software to integrate our systems directly into existing cloud infrastructure.
Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. QCS includes Quil (quantum instruction language), our programming standard for quantum/classical computing.
We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 100 people, about 40 of whom hold PhDs in physics, computer science, math, chemistry or engineering.
For more information, refer to our About page.