Technology Organization – Engineering Operations
Rigetti Computing is looking for a Facilities Engineer to perform ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work on facility mechanical, electrical, and other installed systems. In this role, you will
maintain and operate all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical equipment and plumbing
systems. You will perform facility inspections and report on conditions affecting operations. You will monitor and supervise HVAC preventive maintenance contracts. You will be expected to respond quickly and calmly to emergencies and possess a thorough understanding of all systems pertaining to safety. You will also drive compliance with all safety procedures and requirements. From time to time you may need to support after-hours building needs and activities.
- Carry out scheduled maintenance examinations and fixes to guarantee appropriate system operations
- Arrange repairs on electronic and wiring components affiliated with programmed building management operations
- Change faulty motors, compressors, coil units, expansion valves, and other constituent parts
- Perform troubleshooting and repair pneumatic control and direct digital systems
- Inspect distribution components for suitable volume, pressure, temperature, and velocity
- Ensures a balance of water and air treatment systems
- Identifies the source of condensation problems and correct them
- Manages reports and records, as well as explain the actions and procedures carried out with suggested solutions.
- Understand UPS and backup generator systems
- 1- 2 years’ experience in mission-critical facilities operating/engineering, including some experience with mission-critical infrastructure (UPS, HVAC, generators, cooling, fire/life safety systems.
- Datacenter experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex project documents, including AutoCAD, Visio and PDF documents. Experience using MS Office applications (Word, Excel).
- A high level of commitment to customer service to both co-workers and clients.
- Collaborative, team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to perform physical activities such as standing, walking, sitting, stooping, climbing Ladders and lifting heavy equipment
- Able to perform mental activities such as basic math, analysis, problem-solving and decision-making
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Rigetti Computing offers a comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare coverage. For more information, refer to our Careers page.
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
For more information, refer to our About page.