Quantum Test Engineer
Oxford, UK /
QPU – Quantum Engineering /
As a Quantum Test Engineer you will work on the characterization and qualification of quantum devices at our first UK quantum computing facility. As we work towards scaling, improving the performance of, and deploying more devices to users, you will characterize newly fabricated chips, assist in assessing their deployability of and maintain these chips in production. Your role will also include working closely with the broader full stack quantum engineering team at our CA, USA, sites to iterate and improve upon our characterization procedures.
We are looking for a diligent individual who is excited about helping the team bridge between R&D, the production of quantum devices, and the deployment of our first quantum computer in the UK.
- Characterizing chips for the quantum engineering team
- Qualifying chips for deployment to users
- Coordinate cool downs with our Quantum Engineering and Technical Operations teams
- Collaborating across teams to help improve our automated calibration scripts
- On-call support for the deployed chips
Essential skills and experiences:
- BSc or MSc in Physics or similar applied scientific field
- Experience with quantum devices and coherent quantum control
- Working knowledge and experience in Python
Desirable skills and experiences:
- Prior technical role in an industry or start-up environment
- Exposure to RF measurement techniques, or software-defined radio
- Prior exposure to basic concepts of qubits and quantum computing
- Experience with git, unit tests, and collaborative code development
- Full-time, permanent
- Monday to Friday schedule
- Partial remote work allowed (see below for details)
- UK residence and full UK work permission are required
We are committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our employees and have adopted a virtual interview process. From March 2021 this position will require onsite work in Oxfordshire.
Benefits and Perks:
Rigetti seeks individuals who are motivated by grand challenges and the opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the exciting quantum computing space. As long-term visionaries, we offer employees opportunities for continuous personal and professional growth so they can advance our mission to help solve humanity's most important and pressing problems. To support the financial success and health of our employees and their families, we offer the following benefits in addition to a competitive base salary:
- Generous Stock Grant
- Generous Annual Leave Allowance
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Opportunities for additional performance-based stock grants or bonuses
As we continue to grow our company, we will prioritize applicants who have created a thoughtful application and share our vision and passion for quantum computing. While we regret that we can't hire every applicant, we keep applications on file for 2 years and will reach out if you're a good fit for a future opportunity.
Rigetti Computing is on a mission to build the world’s most powerful computers. Based in Berkeley and Fremont, CA, we are scientists, engineers, builders, and visionaries who believe quantum computing is going to significantly affect health care, how we treat disease, how we generate energy, and how we feed humanity. We design and fabricate quantum circuits and deploy them as quantum computers available online. Our engineers build the full stack of technologies that are integrated into these machines, including cryogenic hardware and microwave circuitry, advanced analog and digital control modules, and a software stack that provides the world’s most advanced SDK and runtime environment for quantum computers. Our quantum computer is available through Our product, Quantum Cloud Services, which is the world’s first full-stack programming and execution environment for quantum/classical computing. We were founded by Chad Rigetti in 2013, and today employ over 120 people.
Don't see the job you want? Apply here so we can keep in touch with you when the right role opens up in the future!