As an Electro-Mechanical Technician at Rigetti Computing, you will be responsible for the build and test of advanced electronic and mechanical systems within its quantum computers. In addition, you will support new product introduction through development of assembly and test procedures and test fixturing, through a collaborative effort with engineering. This position will require you to draw upon your rich mix of electrical and mechanical design, fabrication, and testing skills in the development of state-of-the-art components within Rigetti’s quantum computing systems.
- AS degree in Electronics is required with 2-3 years of related experience in product development
- Proficient in the assembly of printed circuit boards and cable assemblies
- Working knowledge of mills and lathes for light prototype machining work
- Previous experience with, and use of, 3D CAD (e.g. Autocad, SolidWorks)
- Ability to use a variety of general purpose test equipment (oscilloscope, multimeter, dc power supplies)
- Skilled at troubleshooting and re-work of electro-mechanical systems
- Previous experience assisting engineers in developing assembly and test procedures
- Proven track-record of developing test fixturing from concept through to implementation
- Working knowledge of electronic circuitry
- Competent in the use of MS Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Previous use of microwave test and measurement equipment
- Familiarity with cryogenic pumps and vacuum systems
Rigetti Computing is developing cloud-deployed quantum computers to solve humanity’s most pressing and valuable problems. We are a highly diverse and interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers working at the cutting edge of technology in a mission-driven entrepreneurial environment. We believe that bringing together teams from various cultures, educational backgrounds, and technical disciplines helps them to see things from more points of view and to make great products that change the world for the better.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.